Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Looking Forward

Had the wonderful opportunity to watch two of my closest friends become royalty in our weekend hobby yesterday. Went in to Chicago for the event and had a great weekend overall. Avoided most of the traffic on the way in Friday. Arrived with plenty of time to go check out the new Iron Man movie and found an absolutely terrific sushi place just around the corner from our rather nice hotel. Everything went off well on Saturday and it was a beautiful day to be out and about. Lots of time to spend with many friends throughout the day and evening hours. An uneventful drive home today and a good nap to top it all off.

I am adoring the warmer weather and the rapidly increasing signs of spring. Looking forward to a nice bike ride tomorrow in the sunshine. Taking advantage of the good weather and my last good day for this week. It's chemo Tuesday again. As long as my blood counts are good and treatment is a go, then we're finally in the homestretch for this last round. Only two more to go folks. And I can't wait for this to all be over and done with. I've got quite a busy summer planned, and I'm looking forward to the celebratory sensibility that will be with me through the months ahead.

I was reminded today that I should probably start working on my upcoming world travel plans. Especially if I want to be abroad in the late fall as I've pictured. So it's time to start researching where the nice weather is for October and November. Greece is still my top pick for first trip. But there are really so many places I'd like to visit that it doesn't really matter where I start. I have talked about my travel plans often, but have thus far been disinclined to start making them. I've been waiting for it to all be over before I started spending money and making reservations. There is a lot of uncertainty that comes with still being in treatment and I don't want to end up stuck with an unrefundable plane ticket. But my confidence in the outcome of all this is increasing. And now that the end is near I think I can afford to start getting excited about the next steps forward in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I have an old SCA friend who works for a travel agency in Holland, Mich., if you need tips on when to go where. She's been EVERYWHERE, literally, taking groups on tours and her brother owns a home on the French Riviera, which she sometimes visits after a tour ends and before she comes back to the States. She'd have most excellent counsel for you!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete