Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Back Online and LIVE!

 Got my stuff together this week. So live chemo blogging is back in action.

11:55 a.m.
Think I chose one of the biggest chairs in the place this week. I could easily fit another of me in it and we'd still have a little wiggle room. Kind of feels almost like a daybed, just doesn't lie all the way down like one. With my pillow and warm blanket it should make for a good, roomy nap spot a bit later when the meds start to kick in.

Had time for a only a quickie breakfast rolling out of the house this morning. Chinese delivery for lunch should be on its way. As always, eating while the eating is good. Didn't really have any appetite issues after my first treatment though. Was regularly hungry and able to eat well the day after. If this goes like last time, the appetite (and other) issues will gradually build with each treatment. But for now I'm still in pretty good shape.

I'm already plugged in to the collective and partway through the initial anti-nausea meds and fluids.

Brought forms and paperwork to fill out today. Applying to a fund that helps pay for cancer patient medical expenses. And also forms for getting my retirement fund set up so that I can start accessing that money for traveling. Going to spread those out and get to work.

12:29 p.m.
Second set of meds doing their thing. About forty minutes before the 'big guns' come in to play. Feeling strangely spry this round. Typically the Ativan affects me more strongly, making me mellow or spacey or apathetic. There's a teensy bit of mellow, but not noticeable unless I'm looking for it. Perhaps my body has built up a tolerance of sorts. See, it truly is an adventure every time. *wink*

Food is here! Less chatting, more nom-noming.

3:39 p.m.
All done. Wave of tiredness hit about an hour and a half ago. Succumbed to a long nap and then it was quick work to get my final med push and get hooked up to the lovely chemo pump. My ride is here and patiently waiting. So it's a quick "adios" to you all for this round. Be back in a day or two with a post-chemo update.

1 comment: