Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Waiting for the Upswing...

I knew the treatments were going to start seriously kicking my butt at some point. Looks like the second half is that point. Been pretty exhausted the last couple of days and doing quite a bit of sleeping and laying about. I've had a general sense of nausea and overall ache, but have been able to keep both in relative check with meds and rest. Mostly just trying to entertain myself through the days so that the bad ones pass quickly and I can move on to the post-pump upswing. Did find myself feeling a little bit better this morning. But I sense that it's going to take another couple of days before I'm back in "normal" range. So I may seem less peppy than usual for the last month or so of this.

It really has been a boring couple of days around here. Not much to report. However, the neuropathy in my hands is really bugging the hell out of me. It is just cool enough that they tingle most of the time. And then seize up often in the first few post-treatment days. I can deal with it, but it is very uncomfortable and rather disturbing when I'm doing something like driving.

Speaking of driving... I am heading up to my sister's later this afternoon. We've got some family from Texas visiting our grandmother this weekend. So we'll be heading over there to visit as well and getting out to enjoy the springtime weather that should be in full force finally. Or I may end up napping a lot at their place. Either way, it will be nice to get out of the house and enjoy some sunshine. So I'm off to pack and get on the road. I'll check in again in a couple of days.

1 comment: