Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Peeps

The meaning of life is a complexity, a myriad mix of elements. I believe that one of the largest pieces of that puzzle is the people with whom you surround yourself. The relationships, the memories, the good times... we live on in those who remember and love us. I feel inordinately blessed with good people in my life, nay - terrific, amazing people. I had the good fortune to spend a couple of days with my sister and her husband this week. Days and evenings full of coziness, laughs, good food, sincere comfort. I found the opportunity to have two awesome conversations with one of my oldest friends in those days as well. Upon arriving home there was time for a quick nap before being heading off to one of my best girlfriend's home for a fantastic surf and turf dinner. Two sweet friends from Minneapolis were there as well, making a stop in town just to visit. Food, wine, stories and laughs took us late into the evening. Met back up with them today for a tasty brunch at one of my favorite restaurants with two more very close friends. Then off to a delightful film with two more of my best girlfriends. Five days full of good people and lovely times. It was very rejuvenating.

I am so tremendously lucky to have friends and family that make life delightful. When the shit hit the fan this winter, the rallying of support, help and love from them was truly awe-inspiring. There may be a lot of bad things going on this year, but overall my peeps have helped make this one of my best years as well. There are no thanks I can give that will equal what they've given to me. The best I can do is give love and smiles galore in the years to come while we make many new memories. Every day is another opportunity for this payback... if that's not a formula for a life with meaning, then I don't know what is.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome, and I am extremely honored to be considered a Peep.

    Delighted to hear that you had a week full of fun, rejuvenating, and blissful times.

    ReplyDelete